Sensory gardens can be of benefit to everyone and can be a wonderful resource for the whole community. There are times when we could all use the stress relief or the heighted awareness and stimulation of the senses that sensory gardens offer. However, there are specific individuals and groups who can especially benefit from sensory gardens, including, but not limited to:
- Dementia sufferers
- Those on the autism spectrum (ASD)
- Individuals with post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Individuals with sensory processing disorder (SPD)
- Visually impaired individuals
- Individuals with brain injuries.
Each of these groups have specific needs and goals that can be catered to with regular use of a sensory garden and can gain great physical and mental health outcomes as a result.